Saturday, July 16, 2011

Winter Market.


Today was yet another chilly day at Salamanca Market in Hobart.
It was a beautiful day, but it was bitterly cold and my stall doesn't really get any sun.
It's in a fairly sheltered position and generally gets overshadowed by the big sandstone building behind.
In summertime this is actually great because it means I don't need to worry about direct sunshine in our eyes or on the fabrics.  We still get the heat, but not the faded bags or sunburnt faces.


But in winter... It's seriously frosty.  Especially when setting up at 7am.
I just couldn't warm up, regardless of the fact I had lots of layers of clothes on.
The ugg boots stayed on all day, so even though I looked like a total dag, at least my feet were toasty.


Anyway - there were lots of people wandering around shopping.
It was actually quite a busy day.  A good day for winter.
And I met some lovely Melbourne ladies who went home with a couple of new skirts each.

I hope you've had a good day too.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, i love the colours in that skirt! And wow, your stall looks seriously great - would make me come in and take a look.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your comments.
I love to read what you have to say, and I'll definitely come over and visit your blog.
Adriana
x