Monday, June 18, 2012

Fabric stash.


Lately I've been trying to use up some of my fabric stash.
I've got piles of fabric taking up space in the cupboard.


Some are great vintage prints. 
Others are not so vintage.


I think I'll be turning lots of these into skirts. 

I used to be more precious about my fabric.
Almost afraid to cut into it. 
Wanting to keep it.  Collect it.  Preserve it.
Especially if it was a good quality vintage print.
Because I knew that I'd probably never get it again.

But now, I'm happy to chop up a curtain and make a skirt.
Or turn a tablecloth into a bag.
Or a blanket into a vest.

It's much better that it's out there, being used and admired
 than folded up, hidden away in the cupboard.

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha yeah I feel the same although some of my finer pieces still worry me on that first cut.
    What a stash - amazing collection
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your comments.
I love to read what you have to say, and I'll definitely come over and visit your blog.
Adriana
x