Thursday, September 23, 2010

Never been a quilter.


Usually when I buy new fabrics I'll get at least a metre of each to make it worthwhile.

But lately....
I've been buying a few random Fat Quarters of some pretty little prints.
I'm starting to get together a bit of a collection.
They look so nice all stacked up together that I'm thinking about the possibility of sewing a quilt.


I've never been a quilter.
I tried once... but never finished.
I just sewed a whole lot of squares together of all my favourite fabrics. Fabrics of all colours, fibers, weights and finishes. I wanted something a bit textural and, well, a bit random really.
And that's exactly how it looks. Velvet squares next to satin squares, next to cotton squares.
One day I'd like to finish it. One day.
Just not today.


Today I'm all inspired to make something new. Something for me.
I've seen so many beautiful quilts displayed on various crafty blogs, and I'd love to have my very own handmade one. I'm not sure if I have the talent, the expertise or the patience, (I sure don't have the time) but I'd like to give it a go anyway.

Of course if I do decide to tackle a quilt -
I'LL NEED TO BUY A WHOLE LOT MORE FABRIC!!!!
Ahhh. Such great words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for your comments.
I love to read what you have to say, and I'll definitely come over and visit your blog.
Adriana
x