Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A name.


When I first started making bags to sell, I didn't know what to call myself.
What should my business name be?
How can I identify myself and my products?

I'd studied Fine Arts here in Hobart, and got my degree in Graphic Design - so I understood the importance of creating an 'identity'.
I tried to think of a simple name that meant something to me.
A name that described my work.
Something I could own. Something I could be proud of.
Something that would be recognised and remembered.

I needed to come up with a name and a logo.

I did a few little drawings.
But in the end, a simple little scribble of a 'self-portrait' became my logo.
Me. In a dress. With sticking out hair and a smile.

And I used my own name.
Adriana.
I'm so glad I did. It's a great name.

My lovely fella suggested that I use it for my business name.
I don't know why I hadn't thought of it myself....
(thanks sweetie xx)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for your comments.
I love to read what you have to say, and I'll definitely come over and visit your blog.
Adriana
x